Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 183. Phewf!

So, today is the 183rd day of the year, meaning we are literally smack dab in the middle of the year. 182 days behind, 182 days ahead. For one unassuming 24-hour period, we get to settle into, without even knowing it, a pretty neat space of limbo.

It makes me think about what I'm like when in a holding pattern or in a state of uncertainty (and really, i feel like i'm always there as a twenty-something trying to figure out my life)...usually, it's not fabulous: stressed, anxious, over analytical of *everything*. Wait, what's that? I'm getting a new wrinkle??? Gahhhh! You get the point.

But realizing today that we're all in limbo together on Day 183, it's pretty peaceful. And, as cheesy as this may be, it makes me remember that we're all in IT together every day. (Yes, you're getting a new wrinkle, too...See it? Right by your ever-receding hairline.)

P.S. For tips on being zen in even the most uncertain moments, check out Zen Habits, one of my favorite blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment